Sharpham Wild for People
- make more space for wildlife and take action for nature
- assist in turning the Sharpham Estate organic
- re-wild parts of our historic landscape
- help more people engage with nature here
Train in nature conservation & re-wilding - funded places available
We are offering places on an award-winning 12-week nature conservation training course - including 2 bursary spaces funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund
This training is suitable for anyone with an interest in nature, and you'll develop the practical skills and understanding to enhance your career prospects and protect our wildlife and biodiversity, helping to create a wilder future.
Plus you'll be part of our Sharpham Wild for People project to re-wild parts of the Sharpham Estate, work on turning parts of the Estate organic and help to protect nature.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION FOR SPRING COHORT: Friday 21 February
On this course, you'll gain:
- a thorough insight into the UK nature conservation sector
- direct experience of a pioneering rewilding project
- knowledge, understanding and confidence in species identification, survey techniques, practical conservation skills, public engagement, conservation management planning and the use of technology in nature conservation.
- recognition for short courses, including GIS & GPS biodiversity mapping, Bird ID, Camera Trapping and more
- the chance to train and live with like-minded people in a beautiful South Devon setting
- employability skills – communication, collaboration, partnership working, report writing and presentation delivery
- access to our network within the nature conservation sector
- the chance to be part of a widening participation agenda, working with adults with learning difficulties
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732708
Email: [email protected]