The Sharpham Trust is an educational charity set in a stunning location near Totnes, Devon.
At the heart of the Sharpham Trust ethos is our desire to build a more mindful, compassionate and environmentally-sustainable world.
We do this by:
- Continuing to realise the potential of the magnificent and unique assets of the Sharpham Estate
- Continuing to make the life of the Sharpham Estate environmentally-sustainable and a model for others to adopt
- Increasing the opportunities for all sectors of the public to benefit from improved access to the special environment of Sharpham
- Identifying groups that would benefit most from participation in Sharpham's activities
The Trust's principles:
- An understanding of the interconnection of life
- A deep respect for the natural world
- A belief in learning through experience, creative engagement and enquiry
- An acknowledgement of the value of stillness and awareness
We try to exemplify our principles in practical ways including:
- managing our farm land organically without the use of harmful chemicals
- generating renewable energy through solar panels on our barns and heating our buildings with large biomass boilers run on wood chip
- growing our own food and supporting local food suppliers
- using biodegradable cleaning products
- promoting wildlife and biodiversity across the Estate
- encouraging greener transport
- creating a green burial site at Sharpham Meadow
The Sharpham Trust is an educational charity. Its Trustees, who are in overall charge of running the House and Estate, are accountable to the Charities Commission.
With a wide range of experience from charitable, educational and ethical business sectors, our trustees share a common interest in the preservation of the heritage of Sharpham House and the sustainability of the Estate. The Trustees appointed Julian Carnell, Trust Director, to manage the Sharpham Trust on a day-to-day basis, and staff to oversee delivery of the events & retreats programme.
Advisory groups of staff, Trustees and external advisors support specific areas of the Trust's activity.
Annual Reports & Strategy
Here you will find downloadable copies of the Trust's reports. If you need a hard copy, please contact us.
- Annual Report 2019-2020.pdf 4.3Mb
- Annual Report 2018-2019.pdf 1.8Mb
- Annual Report 2017-2018.pdf 2.6Mb
- Annual Report 2016-2017.pdf 1.6 MB
- Annual Report 2015-2016.pdf 2.3 MB
- Annual Report 2014-2015.pdf 2.50 MB
- The Sharpham Trust Strategic Plan 2015-2020.pdf 505.33 kB
- Annual Report 2013-2014.pdf 1.81 MB
- Annual Report 2012-2013.pdf 3.03 MB
- Annual Report 2011-2012.pdf 2.52 MB
- Annual Report 2010-2011.pdf 1.83 MB
- Annual Report 2009-2010.pdf 1.24 MB
The Sharpham Trust - charity no. 285767 and company no. 1659601
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732055
Email: [email protected]