[email protected] Sharpham Anniversary Free Retreats
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the founding of The Sharpham Trust we are delighted to announce that we will be offering FREE places for forty people to attend any of our retreats at our Barn or Coach House retreat centres between October 1st 2022 and 31st April 2023.
These free spaces are offered as part of a range measures that the Trust is putting in place to respond to the financial challenges many of us are facing and will be in addition to the regular subsidised 50% Bursary places that the Trust offers every year.
Read on for conditions and the application process.
The free spaces are for:
- Adults over the age of 18 who are experiencing financial hardship i.e are in receipt of benefits, unwaged or low waged
- People who have not attended a retreat at Sharpham before (we want to reach new people who haven’t benefited from Sharpham or connected with our programmes)
- Coach House and Barn Retreats only between 1st October 2022 and 31st April 2023
- People willing to contribute to community activities which form part of staying at the Coach House and Barn Retreats - such as gardening, light housekeeping tasks etc
- Applications must be made 4 weeks in advance of the start of your retreat.
- A payment of £50 is required to secure your place. This will be refunded once you have attended the retreat.
- Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- We are not able to fund the costs of travel, subsistence, or the costs of any materials/equipment.
- We are only able to offer 1 free space per applicant.
- The scheme includes all retreats at The Barn and The Coach House for any duration, except for Christmas and New Year retreats.
- Retreats are allocated at the discretion of The Sharpham Trust. Please note that a completed application form does not automatically guarantee a free space.
- Unfortunately due to the number of applications received and the size of our charity we are not able to offer individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Once your place is secured it will not be possible to transfer to a future retreat.
We have learned from past experience that freely offered or low cost courses and retreats can result in people being more likely to cancel or failing to attend. Before applying, please be absolutely sure that you are able to make the dates and have the resources to cover the costs of travel.
To apply please
Step 1 - Visit our calendar https://www.sharphamtrust.org/calendar to see upcoming dates for a Coach House or Barn Retreat. Be sure to read the retreat descriptions to ensure a retreats the right for you at this time
Step 3 – if your application is approved a confidential booking form will be emailed to you. Please complete this. Your place on the retreat is approved once you have completed the booking form and paid your £50 refundable fee (we will send you a secure link to make your payment online).