Recipe: Vegan chocolate & avocado mousse
Published: 28 March 2023
A recipe from Coach House cook, Wendy
This delicious vegan dessert has been delighting participants in The Coach House and Wendy has won plaudits for making retreatants' mouths water!
- 100g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa, sieved
- 2 large ripe avocados, flesh scooped out
- Set aside 25g chocolate for decoration and break the rest into squares.
- Melt in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of shallow, simmering water. Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla, almond or coconut milk, ¼ tsp fine salt and the cocoa until smooth.
- In a blender or food processor, whizz the chocolate mixture with the avocado flesh until silky smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 6 small serving glasses. Chill for at least 3 hours or for up to 12 hours.
Chilli flakes or ground cardamom can also be added to the chocolate mousse.
I decorated ours with fresh strawberries, mint from the Walled Garden and a dollop of whisked double cream
Interested in staying in The Coach House? Learn more here
Share this story
Follow @SharphamTrust on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and use #SharphamTrust