Open Farm Sunday
Published: 30 May 2018
The farm gates will be open soon for people to explore.
Helen and David Camp, who farm organically at the Trust's Upper Sharpham Barton site and also at Daynes Farm at Harberton are taking part in Open Farm Sunday on Sunday 10 June.
On the day, visitors to Daynes Farm can:
- Meet the animals: cows & calves, sheep & lambs, chickens & chicks
- Meet farmer Dave and hear how he farms this organic beef, sheep and cereal farm
- Meet a vet and ask questions
- Go on farm walks, tractor & trailer rides
- Watch sheep-shearing demonstrations & see what happens to the wool afterwards
- See some crops and what they can be turned into
- Take part in fun activities & quizzes
Refreshments will be available on the day.
The day runs from 11am until 5pm at Daynes Farm, Harberton, near Totnes, TQ9 7FB (although Helen warns that the postcode doesn't always work for people using sat-navs)
Find more details here