A Sharpham Trust project, supported by the Big Lottery Fund, that is specifically designed to support mental health recovery, resilience and well-being for people aged 18+ living locally, combining mindfulness and nature connection.
Thanks to the funding, there are bursaries and funded places available for those experiencing financial hardship.
A free minibus service running from Torbay and Totnes will be provided for participants to get to Sharpham on the day of the courses.
People taking part in these courses will learn:
- Mindfulness and nature connection practices and skills to help manage stress and enhance well-being
- How to build personal resilience and an increased ability to cope with difficult and stressful situations
- A set of skills to help be steadier with whatever is happening, without resisting it or judging it as good or bad
- Self-compassion and being kinder to one's self
- How to apply mindfulness to daily life after the course has been completed
The project is co-designed with Devon Recovery Learning Community, including input from people with lived experience of mental health challenges.
Delicious soup for participants' lunches has been supplied by Tideford Organics and we thank them for their generosity.
In a world that often leaves us disconnected, Mindful-in-Nature builds on Sharpham's existing work with mindfulness and a connection to the natural world.
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732542
Email: [email protected]