More Sharpham cheese awards
Published: 29 September 2015
Sharpham cheese has swept the (cheese) board at the prestigious Global Cheese Awards.
Here's the haul of gold, silvers and bronzes:
- Best mixed milk soft cheese – Gold – Sharpham Cremet
- Cheese with additives (any milk) – Silver – Sharpham Rustic Chive and Garlic
- Cheese with 100% sheep milk – Silver – Sharpham Soft Sheep
- Best soft cheese with 100% Channel Island milk – Bronze – Sharpham
- Best hard cheese with 100% Channel Island milk – Bronze – Sharpham Plain Rustic
The judges only give out one gold, one silver, and one bronze in each class, so these awards are not given lightly.
Said Sharpham Wine & Cheese Managing Director Mark Sharman: "Once again it is appropriate to say ‘Blessed are the cheese makers’. Debbie and her team are meticulous in their attention to the fine details and this is partly what makes our cheeses popular with the judges and the customers.
"It’s right to acknowledge that the cheesemakers get a fair bit of help from the dedicated people who produce the milk very early every morning."