Coronavirus Arrangements: Sharpham House Retreats
From July 4 the Government gave the go-ahead for the hospitality and accommodation sectors to re-open as part of easing the lockdown restrictions.
In line with this advice we are gradually re-starting our retreats programme in Sharpham House and Woodland.
We will be following social distancing guidelines and carefully developing our risk assessment planning to ensure that we can make your stay here as safe as possible. We will put in place procedures designed to maintain a 2-metre social distancing when participants are inside the main House. Obviously this will mean some changes to our usual practices but we hope participants will understand the need for these changes.
We are only offering single-occupancy bedrooms
- There are 20 bedrooms in the main House and four new bedrooms in the Coachyard
- There will be a maximum of 24 participants on retreat split into smaller groups in order to follow social distancing guidelines
- All bed linen and towels are professionally laundered between retreats
Hygiene and Cleaning
- The House will be deep cleaned between retreats
- Communal bathrooms and shared spaces will be regularly cleaned
- Disinfectant materials will be provided in all bathrooms for participants to use if they so wish
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at multiple locations
- Staff will wear appropriate PPE where necessary
- We will control and limit access to the House by people not involved in the retreat
- Participants will be asked to bring their own thermos flask, cup and drinking water bottle
- Carefully managing catering arrangements
- Food prepared by staff following the appropriate guidelines
- Participants split in to two groups with staggered meal times
- Creating two dining rooms to allow for socially distanced seating
- Participants can eat outside weather permitting
- We will organize any activities so that they follow the social distancing guidelines
- Currently this means limiting people gathering in groups of up to six people outside
What if someone falls ill?
- If a participant becomes ill they will be able to self-isolate in their bedroom before leaving to return home where they can self-isolate as per the Public England guidelines
- If a member of staff falls ill they will leave the retreat and appropriate cover will be put in place
What if participants fall ill prior to the retreat?
- If you have any of the symptoms associated with the virus you should take the appropriate advice
- You should not attend the retreat if you have symptoms within two weeks of the start date
- In this scenario an option to transfer will be given
Should I Wear a Mask?
- The current government guidance is that face coverings must legally be worn in hotels and hostels which we broadly fall under - The guidance can be viewed here
- Please bring a suitable face covering to wear in the house (except in bedrooms and during mealtimes)
- We cannot provide face coverings but we do provide hand sanitizer
- It is not practical for us to wash face coverings or masks so you will need to bring enough to allow you to wear a fresh one each day
How Should I Travel to the Retreat?
- This is a personal choice
- We have sufficient car parking
- If you use public transport such as the train you can get a taxi from Totnes station to Sharpham
What if I am Anxious?
- This is understandable and our leaders and staff will do everything to try and reassure participants and ensure you are safe
- For some people it might not be the right time to come on retreat, this is a personal decision and depends on many factors
What if the situation changes?
- We are constantly monitoring the situation, if necessary we will cancel the retreat and refund participants
- We would aim to do this with adequate notice
We are aware that this has been a difficult and stressful time for many and we are looking forward to welcoming you to Sharpham. Our hope is that our programme of retreats will offer a much needed opportunity for contemplation and personal reflection to help you take stock of the extraordinary times we are living in, as well as opportunities for connection with each other and with the natural world.
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732542
Email: [email protected]