Camping at The Sharpham Trust
The Sharpham Trust runs a low-key campsite in nearby Point Field where tents sit a few metres from the river. Seals sometimes wallow in the brackish water and curlews scour muddy banks.
- Our campsite mentioned in The Guardian
Are you looking for a venue for your group's overnight camping expedition or weekly camp?
The site available for camping at Sharpham is Point Field, (Ashprington Point), with room to pitch up to 10-12 small tents.
There is a slight slope on which you can pitch more tents (although be aware that close to the water's edge may be prone to flooding - check the tides before pitching there).
Facilities are limited and the site is suited to people who like their camping on the wilder side. There is however running water and two compost toilets and an option to have a fire.
Please not that access to the site by vehicles is not straightforward. The lane to the campsite is not a surfaced road, but should be accessible by car when dry and with care and at your own risk.
The site borders the River Dart and is great for a stopover while on a canoeing trip.
Our partners at Canoe Adventures can
- Deliver you to and collect you from Point Field via canoe. They can collect and drop off from Totnes (where there is a railway station), Stoke Gabriel or Tuckenhay and their canoes have space for a reasonable amount of camping gear.
- Offer canoe trips from Point Field in long boats which can accommodate up to 6-12 people each.
For further details and to book, click here: www.canoeadventures.co.uk
- Charge - £7 per person per night (pppn)
- Children under five years – FREE
- Exclusive use £150 per night (min charge) - For up to 21 people. Anyone additional will be charged at £7 each.
- Maximum group size 21 – contact us if you wish to have a larger group
All camps must be booked at least two weeks in advance with our Programme Administrator.
Email: [email protected] or Tel: 01803 732542 (available weekdays 9am-5pm leaving at 4.30pm on Friday)
To book, or for more information, contact:
Tel: 01803 732542
Email: [email protected]