Camping at The Sharpham Trust
Point Field is open for bookings to stay from April to September 2022
The Sharpham Trust runs a low-key campsite in nearby Point Field where tents sit a few metres from the river. Seals sometimes wallow in the brackish water and curlews scour muddy banks.
- Our campsite mentioned in The Guardian
Point Field is The Sharpham Trust's campsite bordering the River Dart - although it's not the easiest place to get to by road (better by canoe).
It's spartan but in a spectacular setting, suiting those who like their camping wild & natural!
Camping fees - 2022
Point Field is only available to be booked exclusively on a per night basis
- Exclusive use £150 per night (min charge) - For up to 20 people. Anyone additional will be charged at £7.50 per person per night
- Children under five years – FREE
- Maximum group size 30
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
Calendar and booking here
We keep this calendar as up to date as possible. But there may be times when dates show as available on the calendar but are unavailable on our bookings system. If you have any queries, email [email protected]
If the dates you are interested in have already been booked you can sign up to our alert list here. We will contact you if a space opens for any date during our 2022 season.
|CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR CAMPING AT POINT FIELD|
Camping at Point Field
The site available for camping at Sharpham is Point Field, (Ashprington Point), with room to pitch up to 10-12 small tents.
There is a slight slope on which you can pitch more tents (although be aware that close to the water's edge may be prone to flooding - check the tides before pitching there).
Facilities are limited and the site is suited to people who like their camping on the wilder side. There is however running water and two compost toilets and an option to have a fire.
Please not that access to the site by vehicles is not straightforward. The lane to the campsite is not a surfaced road, but should be accessible by car when dry and with care and at your own risk.
The site borders the River Dart and is great for a stopover while on a canoeing trip.
Covid 19 - keeping you safe
1. The Government has relaxed restrictions but continues to recommend caution.
2. Groups at Point Field are limited to 30 people maximum.
3. If members of your group develop symptoms take suitable precautions.
4. Users should take hygiene precautions including using hand sanitiser. Each group and/or tent should bring hand sanitiser with them.
5. Only one person at a time can use the compost toilets. Hand sanitiser should be used before and after using the toilet.
Be delivered to the site - without your own canoe!
Our partners at Canoe Adventures can
- Deliver you to and collect you from Point Field via canoe. They can collect and drop off from Totnes (where there is a railway station), Stoke Gabriel or Tuckenhay and their canoes have space for a reasonable amount of camping gear.
- Offer canoe trips from Point Field in long boats which can accommodate up to 6-12 people each.
For further details and to book, click here: www.canoeadventures.co.uk
Pat Kinsella/Wild Line - www.wildline.co.uk
George Fielding - on Instagram @through.georges.lens
Paddle boards via Bluefin Sups on Instagram @bluefinsups
Clothing & drybags from Rooster Kit on Instagram @roosterkit
Portable Stove from Anevay Stoves on Instagram @anevay_stoves
To book, or for more information, contact:
Tel: 01803 732542
Email: [email protected]