Coronavirus Arrangements: Woodland Retreats
Updated 12th May 2021
We are monitoring the changing government guidelines closely in relation to the coronavirus pandemic, the latest update can be found here. The safety of our staff and guests is paramount and we are carefully developing our risk assessment planning to ensure that we can make your stay here as safe as possible.
This page will be updated as the guidelines change so please check back here as your retreat date approaches.
Vaccines, Testing and Symptoms
- Do not attend if any symptoms in week prior to retreat – symptoms are - a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- We encourage you to take a Lateral Flow Test the day before your retreat but do not require it. Lateral flow tests are freely available from local chemists and GP surgeries and you can find your nearest distribution centre by clicking here
- We encourage participants and staff to be vaccinated but do not require it
- Only a PCR test can rule out Covid if you have symptoms
- In support of our staff your fellow retreatants, please respect the 2m distancing rule at all times. All participants will occupy a single bell tent
- As all sessions are outdoors there is no need to wear a mask, unless you prefer to
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Handwashing points will be available together with hand sanitiser at multiple locations
- Regular deep cleaning of communal spaces and shared facilities
- Staff will wear appropriate PPE where necessary
- Tents cleaned before each retreat
- Participants will be asked to bring own sleeping bag, cup and flask
- Food will be prepared by staff following the appropriate guidelines
- Participants will be split into groups with staggered meal times
- We will offer several spaces for smaller groups to eat together in order to maintain social distancing
- All activities will take place outdoors
- Covered spaces will be provided if the weather is inclement
- When necessary participants will be split into groups to make social distancing easier
How Should I Travel to the Retreat?
- This is a personal choice
- We have sufficient car parking
- If you use public transport such as the train you can get a taxi from Totnes station to Sharpham, however this will need to be booked in advance as there are fewer taxis operating from the station taxi rank (see Welcome Letter for taxi numbers and travel information)
What if the situation changes?
- We are constantly monitoring the situation: if necessary we will cancel the retreat and refund participants.
- We would aim to do this with adequate notice
We are aware that this has been a difficult and stressful time for many and we are looking forward to welcoming you to Sharpham.
Our hope is that our programme of retreats will offer a much needed opportunity for contemplation and personal reflection to help you take stock of the extraordinary times we are living in, as well as opportunities for connection with each other and with the natural world.
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732542
Email: [email protected]