Become a Coordinator
A Retreat Coordinator is a one-year voluntary position at The Barn. There are three postings each year, with start dates at the beginning of January, May and September.
You will work alongside three other coordinators and the Barn manager in the day-to-day running of the centre, and receive accommodation, full board, stipend and dana from retreatants.
- have a regular Buddhist or mindfulness meditation practice and a strong interest in Buddhist teachings
- have self-awareness and emotional intelligence, particularly in terms of recognising your own emotions and how these emotions may affect others
- have an interest in people, including skills in active listening and empathy, in addition to a sense of curiosity and open-mindedness
- have a willingness to learn and ability to self-reflect
- respect diversity and working with diverse populations
- are a practical person with some knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: gardening, maintenance, basic administration and IT
- want to work as part of a team, and show equanimity towards all others
- have a driving licence
The Barn offers you the opportunity to...
- give service by coordinating the running of our weekly retreats
- live with others in a like-minded community
- attend Dharma talks and discussions with visiting teachers
If you would like more information, click here to view, print or download our volunteer role description
Please contact us for more details and an application form.
Note: it is important that you have spent a week on retreat at The Barn before applying for this position.
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732661
Email: [email protected]