Here you'll find a range of mindfulness resources created & selected by The Sharpham Trust to spark your interest and support any learning and practice.
- Mindfulness for mental wellbeing - NHS web page
- Mental Health Foundation mindfulness page
- Mindfulness works as well as anti-depressant drugs - report
Click the link to download a document outlining our approach to mindfulness at Sharpham, and the benefits of mindfulness.
Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn is internationally-known for his work as a scientist, writer, and meditation teacher engaged in bringing mindfulness into the mainstream of medicine and society.
He is the founding director of its renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and Professor of Medicine emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He teaches mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in various venues around the world. Here he defines mindfulness:
Professor Mark Williams from Oxford University's Cognitive Therapy Centre is one of the main contributors to Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy research for depression and implementation. He is also the co-author of the workbook that accompanies our 8-week courses. Here he introduces mindfulness:
A brief guided meditation - 3-minute Breathing Space:
Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn leading a mindfulness session at Google HQ:
Professor Mark Williams delivers a lecture to the public about the science of mindfulness (1hr):
Healing and The Mind, by noted USA journalist and consciousness explorer Bill Moyers:
- Click here to download an MP3 by Willem Kuyken on Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Click here to download an MP3 by Katherine Weare on mindfulness in education
- Click here to download an MP3 by Duncan Moss and Jenny Wilks on Mindfulness
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 731801
Email: [email protected]