Sharpham can still operate under the new Tiers
The Government has introduced three levels of Tiers. Sharpham remains in the lowest Tier 1 because the level of Coronavirus in this area is low.
Under Tier 1 (Medium) businesses can continue to operate as long as they are Covid-secure. We have carried out the necessary risk assessment which we review daily to ensure that we are Covid-secure.
How we are exempt
The following exemptions in the Government guidance apply to us under Tier 1 and Tier 2:
There are exceptions where people from different households can gather beyond the limits set out above. These exceptions are:
- for registered childcare, education or training
- for outdoor exercise and dance classes, organised outdoor sport, and licensed outdoor physical activity
- support groups of up to 15 participants – formally organised groups to provide mutual aid, therapy or any other form of support
Participants on retreat do not socialize indoors at all.
Outdoors they can socialize as long as they follow the Rule of Six.
We practice social distancing at all times.
Groups of up to 12 practice silent meditation indoors and may meet as a support group to provide mutual aid.
What if you're in Tier 2 or 3 areas?
People in Tier 2 areas:
- may still travel to venues or amenities which are open, for work, voluntary, charitable or youth services, or to access education, within a high alert level area, but you should and aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible.
- should avoid travelling with someone from outside your household or your support bubble unless you can practise social distancing.
People in Tier 3 (Very high) are advised:
- not to travel into or out of an area if it has been categorised as a very high alert level area.
- If you are a resident in a very high alert level area, we ask you to avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK
We have therefore taken the decision to say people in Tier 3 should not come on retreat at this time.
If you would like to know more about the information on this page, please contact:
Tel: 01803 732542
Email: [email protected]