Summer Family Wildlife Explorers
Wednesday 28 August, 2pm to 4.30pm
Meet: Lower Sharpham Barton Farm
Join our wildlife leaders on a friendly nature stroll looking for butterflies, crickets, grasshoppers and more.
Starting at the farmyard, we will head out onto the meadows alongside the Sharpham Drive cycle path and down to the reed marsh by the River Dart with sweep nets, pooters and picture ID guides in hand!
Maximum distance 1–1.5 miles, some uneven ground, mud tracks, sloping grassland paths and gentle up-and-down hills.
This day is for you if you are:
- Adults and children of any age and experience looking to learn more about the natural world
- A fan of the Great Outdoors
- Looking for a fascinating, family event
What should you bring?
- Snack - bring a healthy snack if you get peckish along the way
- Sun cream
- Good comfy shoes or wellies - no open toe sandals or flip flops
- Paper and pen if you want to take notes
- Camera if you want to take pictures
- Bottle of water
- Insect repellent if you wish
We advise that you wear long trousers to avoid scratches and cuts, plus please be aware that there are ticks on the Sharpham Estate. Bring tick-removal tools if you have any.
This event takes place on Wednesday 28 August, from 2pm to 4.30pm.
Meet at Lower Sharpham Barton Farmyard.
Click here for directions to Lower Sharpham Barton Farm.
This event costs £3 per child. Babes in arms go free.
Adults attend free of charge based on the following:
Max number of adults per child is 2
Max number of children per adult is 4
Adults must accompany their children for the whole event
How to book easily and securely:
- online on this page
- by phoning 01803 732542
Ring us or email us on [email protected] if you've got any questions.
Please click here to see our booking and cancellations policy.