Six-day Meditation Retreats
Every week of the year the Barn offers a meditation retreat for up to 10 people.
Barn retreats are designed to develop a mindful approach to our lives, our work and our communities. The retreat structure is based on the following:
- Three 40 minute meditation sessions a day in our tranquil meditation room
- Mindfulness work practice in the organic garden and woods
- Community living and fellowship in a small group
- Daily periods of silence, and one full day's silence.
- Inquiry led by Buddhist teachers
Retreatants usually stay for one week, although many stay for longer.
A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- As someone new to the practice of meditation and never having been on retreat before I was a little apprehensive about coming to the Barn. But my week here has been wonderful. The caring staff and the beautiful surroundings come together to create a safe and loving space for people to move forward with their practice and explore any issues that may be present in their lives. This has been a really special week for me. Thank you.
- Anne (31), student liaison officer