Six-day Meditation Retreats
Every week of the year the Barn offers a meditation retreat for up to 10 people.
Barn retreats are designed to develop a mindful approach to our lives, our work and our communities. The retreat structure is based on the following:
- Three 40 minute meditation sessions a day in our tranquil meditation room
- Mindfulness work practice in the organic garden and woods
- Community living and fellowship in a small group
- Daily periods of silence, and one full day's silence.
- Inquiry led by Buddhist teachers
Retreatants usually stay for one week, although many stay for longer.
A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- As my first retreat experience I couldn't be happier that I chose the Barn. I have learnt so much in just a few days; I can feel the benefit to my physical and mental wellbeing already, and feel much more in control of my feelings. I'm determined to continue practising in my daily life. Thank you so much.
- Laura (33) Events manager