Six-day Meditation Retreats
Every week of the year the Barn offers a meditation retreat for up to 10 people.
Barn retreats are designed to develop a mindful approach to our lives, our work and our communities. The retreat structure is based on the following:
- Three 40 minute meditation sessions a day in our tranquil meditation room
- Mindfulness work practice in the organic garden and woods
- Community living and fellowship in a small group
- Daily periods of silence, and one full day's silence.
- Inquiry led by Buddhist teachers
Retreatants usually stay for one week, although many stay for longer.
A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- The Barn has been a wonderful experience and a welcomed opportunity to reflect on many areas of my life and the power of being engaged in the present moment. I have also learnt how to breath again... Thank you
- Nicky (38) Occupational Therapist