A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- My visits to the Barn have set me on a path I was searching around for previously. It opens up possibilities ..., and gives a sense of grounding and direction that I will take into my life and work.
- Steph (61) Psychotherapist
Become a Coordinator
Retreat Coordinators (one-year voluntary positions). The next appointments will be in November 2013 and February 2014.
You will work alongside two other coordinators and the Barn manager in the day-to-day running of the Barn Retreat, and receive accommodation, full board, stipend and generous dana from retreatants.
- have a strong interest in Buddhist teachings and meditation practice, and wish to develop these
- are a practical person with some knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: vegetable gardening, DIY and maintenance, basic administration and IT
- can work as part of a team, and show equanimity towards all others
- have a driving licence
the Barn offers you the opportunity to...
- give service by coordinating the running of our weekly retreats
- live with others in a like-minded community
- attend Dharma talks and discussions with visiting teachers
- have regular one-to-one teaching from a local Buddhist teacher
Note, it is necessary to stay for a week at the Barn before applying for this position. Please contact us for further information.