A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- Being at the Barn is a very enriching combination of community, self-exploration, living close to nature and receiving the wisdom of wonderful facilitators and teachers. One of the most memorable weeks of my life.
- Louise (50) Child psychotherapist
Become a Coordinator
Retreat Coordinators (one-year voluntary positions). The next appointments will be in April and August 2014.
You will work alongside two other coordinators and the Barn manager in the day-to-day running of the Barn Retreat, and receive accommodation, full board, stipend and generous dana from retreatants.
- have a strong interest in Buddhist teachings and meditation practice, and wish to develop these
- are a practical person with some knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: vegetable gardening, DIY and maintenance, basic administration and IT
- can work as part of a team, and show equanimity towards all others
- have a driving licence
the Barn offers you the opportunity to...
- give service by coordinating the running of our weekly retreats
- live with others in a like-minded community
- attend Dharma talks and discussions with visiting teachers
- have regular one-to-one teaching from a local Buddhist teacher
Note, it is necessary to stay for a week at the Barn before applying for this position.
Please contact us for more details.