A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- What a fantastic place! Healing, self-exploration, mindfulness, spiritual exploration, laughter, conversations in which there are no stupid questions ... all this in beautiful surroundings. A multitude of positive experiences and things to do. Mucking around in the garden, talking to cats (or chickens), enjoying a full day in silence with others, country walks ... the experience has left me mentally and spiritually equipped, ready to continue my meditation practice in the 'real' world, and I can leave the Barn with a healed, lighter heart.
- Laura (29), designer
Become a Coordinator
Retreat Coordinators (one-year voluntary positions). The next appointments will be in August 2014 and January 2015.
You will work alongside two other coordinators and the Barn manager in the day-to-day running of the Barn Retreat, and receive accommodation, full board, stipend and generous dana from retreatants.
- have a strong interest in Buddhist teachings and meditation practice, and wish to develop these
- are a practical person with some knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: vegetable gardening, DIY and maintenance, basic administration and IT
- can work as part of a team, and show equanimity towards all others
- have a driving licence
the Barn offers you the opportunity to...
- give service by coordinating the running of our weekly retreats
- live with others in a like-minded community
- attend Dharma talks and discussions with visiting teachers
- have regular one-to-one teaching from a local Buddhist teacher
Note, it is necessary to stay for a week at the Barn before applying for this position.
Please contact us for more details.