A place in which to meditate
In the words of our retreatants
- The Barn gave me a sense of coming home. To be with like minded people in a community environment; working living and meditating in harmony. It gave me great hope for the future of humankind.
- Linda (57), yoga teacher
Become a Coordinator
R etreat Coordinators (one-year voluntary positions). The next start dates will be January, April and August 2015. We usually appoint 2-3 months before.
You will work alongside two other coordinators and the Barn manager in the day-to-day running of the Barn Retreat, and receive accommodation, full board, stipend and generous dana from retreatants.
- have a strong interest in Buddhist teachings and meditation practice, and wish to develop these
- are a practical person with some knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: vegetable gardening, DIY and maintenance, basic administration and IT
- can work as part of a team, and show equanimity towards all others
- have a driving licence
the Barn offers you the opportunity to...
- give service by coordinating the running of our weekly retreats
- live with others in a like-minded community
- attend Dharma talks and discussions with visiting teachers
- have regular one-to-one teaching from a local Buddhist teacher
Note, it is necessary to stay for a week at the Barn before applying for this position.
Please contact us for more details.