A place to get active
In the words of our visitors
- Thank you Anna (and John) for a memorable couple of days. Lots of really genuine and deep enthusiasm from the young people that shared the experience. The beauty of the place and your warmth and clarity really has had an effect this year. It would be great to return next year and build on that with some of the same students (currently nearly all keen to sign up now!) It was a real privilege to be part of and witness such a real epiphany for some of them, concentrating on creating space to grow and wonder was definitely the best approach Thank you so much.
- Bruce (and Louise) and 17 grubby, tired, transformed teenagers (A school group of 13-15 year-olds taking part in Forest School type activities and camping out overnight in shelters on the estate)
You can now book courses, retreats and buy tickets for events through our secure online booking service. Click here to start
Outdoor Education & Curriculum
Bring the national curriculum to life for your pupils through our themed day-visits, available throughout the year.
Many of the learning activities offered by Sharpham Outdoors Project tie into current national curriculum criteria, binding compulsory learning outcomes with the inspirational Sharpham Learning Landscape. The range of natural habitats offer a huge variety of learning environments in which a whole range of subjects can be covered.
While retaining a firm emphasis with the pupils on fun and experiential learning, each programme is designed to meet relevant key stage requirements (including PSHE) and Every Child Matters outcomes, and can be tailored to specific Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL). Examples of themed programmes we offer include:
- Rivers, Streams and Ponds
- Survival & Sustainability
- Natures Stories
- Environmental Art
- Wild Plays
- Scrumptious Sharpham
- Web of Life/ Wildlife Detectives