A place to get active
In the words of our visitors
- Enjoyed the most: the woods, activities, soup, freedom... the outdoors, togetherness, fooling around, playing...games activities, painting, social, creative thinking.. the people, activities, environment, lunch
- Woodland Family Group Homeschoolers
You can now book courses, retreats and buy tickets for events through our secure online booking service. Click here to start
Outdoor Education & Curriculum
Bring the national curriculum to life for your pupils through our themed day-visits, available throughout the year.
Many of the learning activities offered by Sharpham Outdoors Project tie into current national curriculum criteria, binding compulsory learning outcomes with the inspirational Sharpham Learning Landscape. The range of natural habitats offer a huge variety of learning environments in which a whole range of subjects can be covered.
While retaining a firm emphasis with the pupils on fun and experiential learning, each programme is designed to meet relevant key stage requirements (including PSHE) and Every Child Matters outcomes, and can be tailored to specific Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL). Examples of themed programmes we offer include:
- Rivers, Streams and Ponds
- Survival & Sustainability
- Natures Stories
- Environmental Art
- Wild Plays
- Scrumptious Sharpham
- Web of Life/ Wildlife Detectives