The Sharpham Trust of registered office Sharpham House, Ashphrington, Totnes, Devon TQ9 7UT (Company Registered No. 01659601, Charity number 285767) ("we", "us", or "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully. No personal information is publicly accessible.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site or its online booking facilities. This includes information provided when you complete a contact information form. This information may include your name, telephone number, address, email address and any messages or content you submit; and/or
- information about the domain(s) from which you are visiting, and information regarding what pages you access, traffic data, location data and other communication data (please see the section on cookies below); and/or
- information you supply when you report a problem with our Site; and/or
- information or correspondence with you when you contact us.
You may notify us of any updates, amendments or corrections to your previously collected information by contacting us via the Contact Us section on this Site.
MAIN USES OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways. By providing your information to us you consent to our processing of your information in the ways set out below and for the purposes indicated specifically on any online form you may complete:
- to enable us to process any orders you may place with us using our online booking facilities;
- to evaluate and enhance the provision of our commercial activities, which may involve one of our representatives contacting you;
- to carry out basic checks to ensure that your details are genuine to prevent fraudulent use of credit card information;
- to carry out analysis or market research on usage of our Site, including statistical analysis of user behaviour which we may disclose to third parties in de-personalised aggregated form;
- in order to enable us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law; and
- in order to send you periodic communications (this may include e-mail) about features, products and services, events and special offers provided that this is consistent with your use of the Site and any similar products that you may have purchased (unless you have notified us that you do not want to receive these communications).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE DISCLOSE?
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as website hosting, packaging, mailing and delivering prizes, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other services. We will only provide those companies with the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Where necessary we may pass information to other companies within our group of companies, business partners and successors in title to our business, or as otherwise permitted under the DPA.
We may disclose information we have collected if required to do so by law, or in good faith if reasonably necessary to (1) comply with legal process, (2) respond to any claims, or (3) protect our rights, property or personal safety, or our customers or the public.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or not checking (as the case may be) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie file” which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. “Cookies” contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. We provide a list of the cookies the cookies that we use on our Site below. This list also provides you with information as to why these cookies are used.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site or Online Store.
For information cookies do not attach to your system or damage your files. If you have resident cookies disabled in your browser you are still able to use our Site and online booking facilities[, but you will not have the benefit of an automatic login].
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your information with the aid of encryption software. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us via the Internet. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we received your information however we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.